They say perfection does not exist but that is not true. I found perfection and her name is Catherine Gettier of Catherine’s Catering. As a foodie and really good cook, finding a caterer for my daughter’s June 2018 wedding was a top priority. I interviewed 15 caterers from Yorktown to Virginia Beach, VA before choosing Catherine’s Catering. I found Catherine and her catering company on the internet, met her and trusted my instincts. My experience with Catherine and her staff was absolutely wonderful and here’s why:
- Reasonable pricing for an extensive wedding buffet for 120 guests consisting of pulled Carolina pork barbecue, coleslaw, baked beans, wedding chicken, grilled vegetables, salad bar, potato bar with Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes with all the toppings and beef brisket.
- Professional food tasting with detailed discussion of my menu, expectations, and needs.
- Catherine was well organized, detail oriented, extremely personable and immediately responded to all calls and e-mails.
- Leadership skills – upon arrival to wedding venue, Catherine went over the catering plan, duties and responsibilities of each staff member and timelines with her staff. Equipment setup was organized, fast, and efficient. All staff members were professional, courteous, and responsive to all.
- Food was thoughtfully and beautifully presented. The taste, seasoning and flavor of the food were phenomenal!
- All cooking, food and eating areas were well maintained and kept clean.
- Leftover food was nicely packaged and put away for our families.
- Our families and guests will remember observing the love between the bride and groom and the phenomenal food served at our wedding.
- My guests repeatedly said the food was some of the best they ever had! Don’t waste any more time, you have found the perfect caterer in Catherine Gettier.
Catherine hooked us up with Affordable Rentals, and she was the main point of contact for everything, which made my life so much easier. The food was amazing!! We over-ordered because we had 22 guests staying with us in the house, and thought it would be nice to have some leftovers. Nope, the leftovers were gone before the next day because loved the food so much! Our guests went back for seconds and thirds, and loved every bite.
We had BBQ chicken, pulled pork, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, and several southern-themed h’ors d’oeuvres. Everything was amazing! We couldn’t even get seconds on some things because they were eaten so fast!
In the days before the wedding, I had a few last minute decor issues (trying to find lights to hang up and needed extension cords), and Catherine was right there, volunteering to bring her own things for us to use at no charge. That’s unheard of, to have that kind of personal attention and help from your caterer, which is just one reason I HIGHLY recommend Catherine for all your catering needs! She also spent hours walking through the venue with our wedding coordinator the day before the wedding.
We are already trying to think of an excuse to work with her again! 🙂 Besides her amazing food and going above and beyond to help with any and every need, she’s also an amazing human being, generous, and kind! From our first meeting, to the tasting, to the wedding itself – She made us feel so comfortable planning our wedding from afar, because we knew everything was in great hands!
I also loved that I talked to her directly every time I needed something. Some large caterers have multiple people working on one job, and it can get confusing. It was really invaluable to have Catherine available for any and all questions.
Catherine catered our 4th Annual Appreciation night. This was her second time with us. Her food was excellent, both times! This time, she was even a great sport by agreeing to participate in our “Murder Mystery” event. She works hard to please her guests. I will always come to her first when needing a catering service. Thanks Catherine!
We could not have been happier with the food and service provided by Catherine and her staff. The food was delicious, the staff incredible, and Catherine met every one of our needs with a gracious smile. She outdid herself in every aspect and helped make our daughter’s wedding a perfect and magical night. Thank you Catherine and we highly recommend you to all!
Kelly & Brian Scott